The Mortal Kombat 3 VRT-X handheld system is based on the Arcade game of the same title.
Release Date: 1995
ESRB Rating: N/A
Characters: 8 (8 playable)
Missing: 10 characters (Kano, Sonya, Cyrax, Sub-Zero, Kabal, Liu Kang, Smoke, Noob Saibot, Motaro, and Shao Kahn)
Stages: 1 (The Subway)
"IS THE THIRD TIME THE CHARM - OR DEATH?"
The agony of Shang Tsung did not end with Mortal Kombat II.
With the coming of Mortal Kombat III, there is still a chance for redemption and victory. Once again the tournament lives and so lives the chance to fight again. Time has made Shang Tsung younger. The fight has been brought closer to mankind, to the planet Earth.
Joining SHANG TSUNG at the tournament are:
SINDEL - a sorceress
SHEEVA - the four armed wonder
SHANG TSUNG - time has made Shang Tsung younger
KUNG LAO - who hides his rage underneath his sombrero
NIGHTWOLF - who can make anyone afraid of the dark
SEKTOR - who will never show sympathy or remorse
JAX - the greatest puncher in the universe
STRYKER - a mercenary soldier of fortune
Will the victory that has eluded Shang Tsung for so many many centuries finally be his - or will the thrill once again belong to someone else? Let the tournament begin anew...
(1) If you picked a character on the Right side, then you'll fight Sindel, Sheeva, Shang Tsung, and Kung Lao. If you picked a character on the Left side, then you'll fight Nightwolf, Sektor, Jax, and Stryker.
(2) The only way to finish off your opponent is by performing that character's fireball move after it says finish him/her.
(3) You must beat your opponent in 2 of the 3 bouts to advance to the next round.
- 20 Points for a successful normal attack.
- 50 Points for a sucessful special move attack.
- 350 Points for a sucessful finishing attack.
- 500 Points for each bout you win.
ON/START = To turn on the unit, to start the game, to start each bout, and to start each round
SELECT = To select a fighter. After play begins, to toggle between normal and "depth view" on screen
SOUND = to control sound: on/off
OFF = To turn off the unit
PUNCH = To Punch
KICK = To Kick
UP = To jump up
DOWN = To crouch
RIGHT = To move right and to block opponents attacking from the left
LEFT = To move left and to block opponents attacking from the right