Information | The Characters | Pictures/Screenshots | Instruction Manual (PDF)
The Mortal Kombat Tiger handheld system is based on the Arcade game of the same title.
Release Date: 1993
ESRB Rating: N/A
Characters: 9 (7 playable and 2 bosses)
Stages: 1 (Hall of Champions)
Missing: 1 character (Reptile)
The Shaolin Tournament for Martial Arts was for ages a competition of honor and glory. Warriors from around the world were invited to take part. Shang Tsung was one of those warriors. Upon entering the tournament, he immediately won the title of Grand Champion. But unknown to the Shaolin who were hosts of the contest, each of Tsung's victories added to a hidden dark and destructive power. Shang Tsung was cursed by his gods and to appease them must not only take the life of an opponent, he must also take the soul. Through this unholy ceremony is Shang Tsung able to keep his youth. Then Kung Lao, a noble and mighty Shaolin monk arrived. His strength and speed proved too much for the overconfident Shang Tsung. Lao won the fight and the Grand Champion title that Tsund held so desperately. Years later, after the mysterious death of one of the three tournament grandmasters, Shang Tsung would return. Prematurely aged and weakened from the effects of falling to appease his gods, Tsung invites outworlders and former pupils to compete. And the tournament begins anew.
(1) All moves can only be performed when your away from your opponent. (Press the LEFT key before doing a move)
(2) All characters moves take away the same amount of damage and they all do the same thing.
(3) If you picked a character on the Right side, then you'll fight Sub-Zero, Kano, Rayden, Scorpion, and Shang Tsung. If you picked a character on the Left side, then you'll fight Liu Kang, Sonya, Johnny Cage, Goro, and Shang Tsung.
(4) The only way to finish off your opponent is by performing that characters Move.
(5) You must beat your opponent in 2 of the 3 bouts to advance to the next round.
(6) After the first 4 characters (or rounds) you'll always fight Shang Tsung last.
- 10 Points by a successful normal attack
- 70 Points by a successful secret move attack
- 400 Points by winning a bout
- 600 Points by defeating Shang Tsung (winning the game)
High Punch = H Punch Button
Low Punch = L Punch Button
High Kick = H Kick Button
Low Kick = L Kick Button
On/Start = Turn on the game, start each round, and to start each bout
Select = Select character
Sound = Turn sound off or on
Off = Turn the game off
Up = Jump
Down = Move down after jumping or crouch
Right = Move Right
Left = Move Left Jump High Kick = Up + High Kick
Jump Low Kick = Up + Low Kick
Jump High Punch = Up + High Punch
Jump Low Punch = Up + Low Punch
Fireball: LEFT + HIGH PUNCH
Spear and Cord: RIGHT + HIGH PUNCH
Goro (Not a playable character)
Shang Tsung (Not a playable character)